An individual or church/organization that wishes to join TUMCU must be in one of the United Methodist Conferences we serve – We serve the UM conferences of Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Western North Carolina, and Baltimore-Washington (churches & organizations only).
Individuals & Joint Accounts
Setting up an individual or joint membership will open a share (savings) account, and we will contribute the first $5 to the account as a courtesy to you for becoming a TUMCU member. Individuals wishing to join TUMCU must qualify for membership in one of three ways:
- a member of a United Methodist Church
- a student attending a United Methodist affiliated University (List of United Methodist Universities)
- an immediate family member of the above to include spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild.
Churches & Organizations
A church, organization, or business wishing to join TUMCU must qualify for membership in one of three ways:
- Businesses that serve and report to the Conference
- Businesses of current TUMCU members
- Churches, Organizations and Agencies of The United Methodist Church