We were established in 1952 by a group of Virginia clergy who pooled their financial resources to help each other. Today, our credit union has grown to include United Methodist churches, clergy, church members, organizations and agencies within the Conferences we serve.
Membership in The United Methodist Credit Union is open to the following United Methodist Conferences: North Carolina, Virginia, Western North Carolina, West Virginia and Baltimore-Washington(churches and organizations)
- Members of United Methodist Churches
- Immediate family members of the above, to include spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. This definition includes adoptive and marriage relationships
- Businesses that serve and report to the Conference
- Businesses of current TUMCU members
- Churches, Organizations and Agencies of the Conference and their employees
- Students attending United Methodist affiliated schools